There's nothing more special than a homemade gift, especially a sweet one that you can eat, am I right? Or am I RIGHT?! Dustin has been begging me for peanut butter cookies for a week, and I know they're so easy to make but I've secretly been making him wait until Valentine's Day to get these as part of his gift. So here's a delicious and easy recipe for those of you who need a last minute, quick, easy and affordable suggestion for a thoughtful gift for your Valentine as well! You literally could whip these up after work if necessary. Also, most of these ingredients are items that you should already have stocked in your pantry, I didn't have to run out for anything before making this which was an added plus!
These are the tastiest (and definitely the cutest) peanut butter cookies I've ever had, they're super easy too, so no kitchen expertise required to make these babies!
Yield: about 2 dozen
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes for prep and bake!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter (I use/prefer chunky!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup raspberry jam (or any other berry flavor of your preference!)
1) Combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk 'em well!
2) In a separate bowl, beat the sugars and butter with a mixer until fluffy and no chunks of butter remain.
3) Add peanut butter, vanilla, and egg, mix until combined. Add flour mixture and combine until dough forms. Add a tablespoon of coconut milk if dough is too dry, if dough is too wet refrigerate for 20 minutes (don't leave the dough in too long though or it will be hard to work with).
4) preheat oven to 350 degrees, roll dough into balls about 2 tablespoons each. Place on baking sheet leaving 1-2 inches between each ball. Using your fingers or the end of a spoon press a heart shape into each ball. Refrigerate 20 minutes!
5) Bake cookies for 12 minutes, remove and re-shape hearts using the back of a spoon. Add jam into the heart indentation. Bake cookies for another 7 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before enjoying your sweet treat!
I hope you all have an amazing, love filled holiday. Remember it's not about the material things, it's about celebrating the people in your life who you care about!